Operational Volunteers are the front-line volunteers that provide fire and rescue services to the community. To become a volunteer, the below requirements must be met.
- Volunteer a minimum of 12 hours on a weeknight and 24 hours every 3rd weekend
- Pass a criminal background check
- Have a clean driving record
- Pass an NFPA 1582 Physical
Administrative Volunteers are the backbone to the fire department. Volunteers provide administrative functions to support operational readiness, support Friday night Bingo operations, and provide support at fundraising events.
There are many benefits to volunteering with Lake Jackson Volunteer Fire & Rescue. Some of the benefits include:
- Free training and certification as a firefighter or EMT
- Free uniform and equipment
- $5,000/year college tuition reimbursement
- 95% Personal Property Tax Break on 1 vehicle registered in Prince William County
If you are interested in learning more about volunteering, please fill out the form below to talk with a membership coordinator. A membership coordinator will reach out to you upon receipt of your contact information.